Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27

Ikebana Arrangement #5

Just when I was starting to feel confident about Ikebana, Sensei decides to shake things up. I am now learning my second style of design, Slanting. While this immediately sent me into panic mode and I mustered one of those deer-in-the-headlights looks, I am feeling more secure in the class and no longer mind speaking up to say I don't understand... an improvement over my previous behavior of sinking down in my chair as low as possible and hoping I was actually changing my colors to blend in with the scenery enough that I could crawl out of the room without further notice.

Of course, after a fifteen minute lecture in Japanese, I still wasn't sure I understood the style but it seemed like such a wonderful speech that I went ahead and gave it a try.

The result... Sensei said it was beautiful and one of the advanced students said she would never believe the creator was a beginner. These people obviously will accept anything.

Slanting Style - Arrangement #5

No comments: