Search This Blog

Thursday, September 7

My Mile Wide Smile Bridges Continents

This time of the year is by far the best time of the year.

Pittsburgh is playing their first game of the season. It's Thursday night for the kiddies back home but it's Friday morning here for me. I am supposed to be going to a picnic at Kimono Hubby's work in an hour but I have already told everyone that there is absolutely no way I will leave my house until the game is over. It's halftime now so I am banking on being at least an hour late.

This may be one of the few games I will see! Considering 1 pm games at home will actually be on at 5:00 Monday morning here. As much as I love to watch, you all know that there is not a thing in this world that could ever get me out of bed that early. Not even beloved football. And who wants wings and beer at 5 am anyway? Ok, so this morning I actually ate an apple with peanut butter rinsed down with a steaming mug of Earl Grey tea. Even at 9:30 when the game started, it was still a wee too early for the coveted beer.

So I am enjoying my first, probably limited, taste of what is going to be another great season. I can't stop grinning from ear to ear that football is finally here.

I will leave you with this and go back to the halftime show and I hope this rings in your ears for these short, but by far the very best, months of the year...

Pittsburgh's going to the Superbowl... Here we go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No if Big Ben keeps getting hurt!! Go Niners!!