Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7

To Do List (of which nothing has been done)

Reasons why I feel like hiding in my closet and upchucking in my pretty shoes until July 22nd:

The house. Is not sold. Not even contracted.

The stuff. Is not packed. Not even a little.

The language. Is not learned. Not even enough to ask where the damn hole in the floor is to pee in.

The SUV. Is not sold. Not even cleaned out of the dog hair mound so someone could actually contemplate purchasing.

The food. Is not eaten. Not even the pretty pastel Easter candy.

The alcohol. Is not drank. Not even the big bottle of vodka that would like to soak my cares away.

The monthly bills. Are not paid. Not even forwarded to someone in the country who will pay them so we may actually be allowed U.S. credit when we come home.

The copies of important documents. Are not copied. Not even my driver’s license so that should an arrest happen while wandering the Far East, someone will be able to prove my existence and bail my ass out.

The passport. Is not available. Not even in my possession.

The job. Is not left. Not even so I can take care of this stupid list.

6 weeks, 3 days, 13 hours, 53 minutes and 12 seconds left.

Update: The Easter candy has been eaten! No one can say I don't have my priorities straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I don't see shopping on the to-do list but we'll get that accomplished on Friday regardless :) These are all huge things but getting them down on paper is half the battle. The rest is, obviously, not going crazy as you wait to cross each one off your list. Congrats on marking the easter candy off the list... I have a feeling Nick can help with the alcohol and I'd love to practice my non-existent japanese speaking skills!